Re: Finally get to see what KDE2.2 looks like?

On Friday 19 October 2001 01:00, Fred K Ollinger <follinge@sas.upenn.edu>
wrote:
> > With the recent death of Progeny, I am currently upgrading to
> > woody/testing following the instructions kindly provided by Progeny.
> > Looks like I'll finally get to see what KDE2.2 is like! I had been
> > waiting for the freeze to reach a comfortable level, but with Progeny
> > dead and KDE2.1 also stopped I figured it's about time I got me head out
> > of the sand. I hope this does not break too much on my system.
>
> I hope you've been reading the list. kde2.2 is great, but it's still not
> stable, IMHO, so I'd go to potato, first.
>
> Fred

I've used Potato in the past and have been enjoying Ivan's Potato KDE2.1 on
Progeny for quite some time now. I have been reading the list, and although
I've seen a few issues, I've not seen anything that should be a show stopper
for me. I've been itching to upgrade for a while now, this jsut gives me an
excuse ; ). Since the upgrade is so large, and I'm only connected via modem,
I'll have to settle for building up my apt-cache over a period of days before
I can see whats in testing.

Thanks for the advise and others for offers of help.

Cheers,

	John Gay