Re: "Save Link as..." in ftp-mode

On Thursday 18 October 2001 20:14, Josh Hansen wrote:
> I guess the reasoning is that in FTP mode you're really just reading a
> virtual filesystem via the ftp IO slave. So in other words, HTTP is like
> your normal web browser, FTP is like your normal file manager program. It's
> just a matter of paradigm.
>
> Does that makes sense???

Maybe, but why we differ between ftp and http? We can work in http mode
in the same way as in ftp mode: Following a link, going up one directory
and so on.

I'm voting for "Save Link as..." in ftp mode. I will report an wishlist
bug.

Frank
--
Frank Mehnert
## Dept. of Computer Science, Dresden University of Technology, Germany ##