Re: Hosed KDE

On Monday 15 October 2001 03:12 pm, Bob Underwood wrote:
> there is a but in this package. take a look at had the same problem last
> evening.  take a look at
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2001/debian-x-200110/msg00004.html
>  from 6 Oct, 01.

This worked. I'm up and running now (almost!). One last bit of weirdness. The
color map is fried somehow. When I run Eterm I get:

Eterm:  Warning:  Unable to resolve "white" as a color name.  This should
never fail.  Please repair/restore your RGB database.

I found on the web a program "rgb" that is supposed to create the rgb.dir
file and it's not present on my system and I can't find it in any distro.

There is an rgb.txt file in /etc/X11.

--
Public Key available from http://www.garbett.org/public-key