Re: 2.2.1

On Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 05:52:56PM -0600, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:

> when the cat is away....

yup. ;)

> > So, tell us what you would like, a CD burner, new harddisk, 21" TFT
> > flat screen (ok, you'll need a lot of fans for that ;) and I'll try to
> > coordinate the rest. (If someone who lives geographically nearer to you
> > wants to take over it's fine with me and probably easier, though. I've
> > done this before but never internationally ...)

> I think you all have gone overboard on this...

you might be right. ;)

> I don't even know how to react...other than to figure out how to squeeze
> more free time to put more into this.

Ivan,

please don't take this the wrong way. This was supposed to be a reward for
what you have ALREADY DONE. It's not a "we'll have to give him more RAM so
he can compile KDE even faster" sort of thing.

So don't (!!!) try to feel even more obligated to kill your free time to
work on KDE.  We're happy with how you did it in the past. That's why we
did this!

(Actually, I'd never have thought this idea would explode like it did. ;)

> I guess I should at least answer the question of what you could spend
> the money on:
>
>    (in no particular order)
>
>    *  Donate it to Debian

Not really. This is for you. ;)

>    *  No computer items...I have plenty and really don't have room for
>       anything else at the moment.

I almost guessed so.

>    *  Gift Cert's for R.E.I. would be a plus as I can always spend money
>       there. :)  (R.E.I. for those of you who don't know is an recreational
>       equipment store that just kicks butt)

I'll have to leave this to the US citizens among us, I don't know R.E.I.

>    *  And the "make the wife happy" bits...ummm...if you want to help in th..
>       I'.. been planning on doing one of those 11 or 12 day tours where the
>       flight, hotel, tour, and some food is included.  If you want to help
>       pitch in for this I wouldn't complain. :)

I'd say this gets my vote. That way not only you can understand how
appreciated your works is here. ;)

> anyways...while I only expect not to be bitched out for the work I do, I won't
> complain if you do this.  Can't complain about free stuff anyways.

> shoot..

not yet. We still need you. ;)

> I still have a crap load of email to dig through and a few bugs to fix.

Take care ;)

--
Jens Benecke ········ http://www.hitchhikers.de/ - Europas Mitfahrzentrale