Re: Anti-aliased fonts in KDE 2.2.1: ``Adobe" fonts not available when anti-aliasing enabled

Thank you for the pointers to XftConfig. I had worked with that file
on a previous Linux installation. I will review the Font HOW-TO, the
Font De-uglification HOW-TO and the Anti-Aliasing HOW-TO before
going back to rework it again.

My present question was somewhat different. The list of available
fonts which appears in the Fonts module of the KDE Control Center
changes depending on whether the use anti-aliased fonts checkbox
is marked or not. The most obvious difference is that the well-
known 35 Type 1 fonts (including Helvetica, Times, etc) disappear
when anti-aliased fonts are implemented by using the checkbox.
The fonts are installed; it is something in the anti-aliasing process
which causes them to disappear from the list of available fonts.
This is the behaviour which I am trying to understand.