Re: locale settings?

On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 07:22:23PM +0100, John Gay wrote:

> I realise this is probably a stupid question, but . . .
> I just installed Kylix on my system but it refuses to start with the
> following error:
> LC_ALL is set to C. Can't start Kylix.

Report it as a bug. It definitely is one.

> I get the same error in a pop-up box and in the term I start startkylix
> from.

Try starting it like

	LC_ALL= kylix

(i.e. LC_ALL, equals, space(!), kylix)
That _un_sets the variable for this one command.

> Personally I think it's poor form that Kylix won't run with the locale
> set to C as this seems to be the default setting until you wish to change
> it.

Yes, it is.

--
Jens Benecke ········ http://www.hitchhikers.de/ - Europas Mitfahrzentrale

Crypto regulations will only hinder criminals who obey the law.