Re: KDE completely broken?

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 08:03:28PM -0600, David Bishop wrote:
> On Friday 05 October 2001 06:31 pm, Gordon Sadler wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 05:50:25PM -0500, Ben Burton wrote:
> > > So is anyone else finding all of KDE broken after today's upgrade, or is
> > > it just me and my system?
> > >
> > > I'm currently trying to figure out how to use GNOME :) - even from GNOME,
> > > starting kAnything will result in a segfault with no further explanation.
> > >
> > > bab@espresso:~> konsole
> > > Segmentation fault
> > > bab@espresso:~> knetload
> > > Segmentation fault
> > > bab@espresso:~> konqueror
> > > Segmentation fault
> > >
> > > Today's upgrade included the latest X; not sure if that has anything to
> > > do with it.
> > >
> > > Ben.
> >
> > I cannot get startx nor kdm to function correctly.
> >
> > kdm restarts itself after attempting to startkde, and running startx
> > produces the following in my .xsession-errors:
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc: /usr/bin/ssh-agent  sh
> > /home/gbsadler/.xsession: No such file or directory
> >
> > ls -la .xsession
> > -rwxr-xr-x    1 gbsadler gbsadler      247 Oct  5 19:27 .xsession
> >
> > Hmmm?
>
> Well, kdm broke for me, but startx works.  As for your error, it looks like
> it's trying to run something out of your .xsession, not that it can't /find/
> your xsession.  Maybe? I dunno, I'm guessing at this point.....

I've tried chmod -x and +x on .xsession, I put full path to both
executables inside .xsession (/usr/bin/X11/xrdb and
/usr/bin/{startkde,startxfce,wmaker}, and they all return immediately to
console.

However, running xinit followed by startkde in the login screen produced
does work... Ugly but it works for now. Thanks for the help, hope
Branden figures this out soon :)

--
Gordon Sadler