Re: Only Type1 fonts in kde?

Wolfgang Ratzka wrote:

It would still interest me how I could get KDE/QT to see all
aliasable fonts including TrueType if antialsing is activated.

Try adding a line
	dir "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType"
to /etc/X11/XftConfig

That made a difference, but not the expected one. Now if
antialising is disabled KDE/QT won´t render TrueType fonts
at all, even though they are selectable. If I enable antialiasing
I can still only select Type1 fonts.

Why is  /etc/X11/XftConfig read anyway. I thought it was a
configuration for the fontserver which I do not use. I am
using the freetype module of Xfree86.

Thanks for your help though

Mario Oschwald