Re: All KDE Icons have gone since yesterday....

On Monday 31 December 2001 01:06, John Gay wrote:
> On Sunday 30 December 2001 14:36, Marc Schiffbauer wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Since my last apt-get upgrade yesterday I logged in to KDE again
> > today and there were no Icons :-(
> >
> > No Application (kicker, konqi etc) does show any Icons
> > anymore.
>
> I've got a slightly less severe case of this. After some major problems
> with my fixed fonts, which had killed X, and I later fixed with a simple
> dpkg-reconfigure xfonts-base, I was able to get back into KDE to find that
> Kmail is missing it's icons? but Konqueror has all its icons, the kicker
> and panel has icons. I'm not sure what else might have or not have it's
> icons because I have not done a proper search, but I'll wait until the
> existing problem is announced fixed before I do my next dist-upgrade.
>
> I'm not sure this is really related, as the other reports indicate a
> catistrophic failure whereas mine seems to be just missed-placed icons for
> Kmail, but with my limited knowledge and recent spat of bad luck maybe I
> should stay a few steps back for a while.

Seems I spoke a bit too soon. The actual symptoms I have are:
KMail, which starts from the saved state of my KDE login, has no icons.
Konqueror, which also starts from the saved state, does have icons, but when
I start a new konq from the command line, it has no icons, but hte one
started from the panel does?!?
Also, I seem to be missing the start-up splash screen, with the big KDE and
the progress report of KDE's startup. I only have a single vertical line,
similar to a cursor in the middle of nothingness?

For the moment, this is not hindering me too much, I jsut have to use the
menu items for kmail rather than the icons, but I'll wait until this is fixed
before I upgrade again.

Cheers,

	John Gay