Re: All KDE Icons have gone since yesterday....

On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 09:09:59AM -0600, Hank Marquardt wrote:
> See the threads about libqt the last day or so --
> It's being worked on and the interim fix is realtively easy/painless if
> you have the old .deb for libqt in your cache or you can d/l it.

I got the same problem last night. And then I read the threads here and
was going to downgrade to libqt2_3%3a2.3.1-17_i386.deb but realised I
was already using it. Now for various reasons I'm running a somewhat
mix-mash of a system, but here's the (hopefully) important ones, that
might be of some assistance to the package maintainers (or sommebody
maybe):

ii  kdebase        2.2.2-11       KDE core applications
ii  kdebase-libs   2.2.2-11       KDE libraries and modules for kdebase
ii  kdelibs3       2.2.2-9        KDE core libraries (runtime files)
ii  kdelibs3-bin   2.2.2-10       KDE core binaries (binary files)
ii  kdewallpapers  2.2.2-12       Some wallpapers for KDE
ii  libqt2         2.3.1-17       Qt GUI Library (runtime version).
ii  libpng2        1.0.12-3       PNG library - runtime
ii  libpng3        1.2.1-1        PNG library - runtime
ii  kdm            2.2.2-11       The K Desktop Manager
ii  konsole        2.2.2-11       X terminal emulation for KDE

*Now* - the funny thing is, when I log into KDE as root I *do* get the
icons! No other users get icons (ie. libpng errors are "more serious").

I think I downloaded the unstable debs by mistake, rather than the
testing ones. I'd *really* rather not have to download another 14MB on
my 56k line tonight!

Trevor