libpng2 and libpng3

I tried regresssing from libqt2 v2.3.1-18 to v2.3.1-17 (the last version I
had installed) and now korganizer icons work! but nothing else does! All the
apps that worked before don't work now. (namely kdesktop!)

It seems to me kde in unstable is currently unusable (someone correct me if
I'm wrong). I know this is to be expected from time to time when running the
unstable tree, but might someone tell me when I can expect it all to be
working happily again?

Thanks,
Shaun