Re: All KDE Icons have gone since yesterday....

On Sunday 30 December 2001 14:36, Marc Schiffbauer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Since my last apt-get upgrade yesterday I logged in to KDE again
> today and there were no Icons :-(
>
> No Application (kicker, konqi etc) does show any Icons
> anymore.

I've got a slightly less severe case of this. After some major problems with
my fixed fonts, which had killed X, and I later fixed with a simple
dpkg-reconfigure xfonts-base, I was able to get back into KDE to find that
Kmail is missing it's icons? but Konqueror has all its icons, the kicker and
panel has icons. I'm not sure what else might have or not have it's icons
because I have not done a proper search, but I'll wait until the existing
problem is announced fixed before I do my next dist-upgrade.

I'm not sure this is really related, as the other reports indicate a
catistrophic failure whereas mine seems to be just missed-placed icons for
Kmail, but with my limited knowledge and recent spat of bad luck maybe I
should stay a few steps back for a while.

Otherwise, thanks to everyone who has worked so hard keeping us up-to-date,
and everyone else who provides so much help to those of us who seem to need
it on too regular a basis!

Cheers,

	John Gay