Re: All KDE Icons have gone since yesterday....

On Sunday 30 December 2001 07:09 am, Hank Marquard wrote:
> t <hmarq@yerpso.net>
>
> See the threads about libqt the last day or so --
>
> It's being worked on and the interim fix is realtively easy/painless if
> you have the old .deb for libqt in your cache or you can d/l it.
>
> On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 03:36:29PM +0100, Marc Schiffbauer wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Since my last apt-get upgrade yesterday I logged in to KDE again
> > today and there were no Icons :-(
> >
> > No Application (kicker, konqi etc) does show any Icons
> > anymore.
> >
> > It seems that there is a problem with libpng.
> >
> > These are the messages in my .xsession-errors:
> >
> > libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.1
> > libpng warning: Application  is running with png.c from libpng-1.0.12
> > libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
> >

> > (repeated a hundred times...)
> >
> > some more information:
> >
> > I am using woody.
> >
> > homer:~# dpkg -l libpng*
> > Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold |
> > Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
> >
> > |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err:
> > | uppercase=bad)

>   Description
>
> > +++-=====================-=====================-=========================
> >== un  libpng-dev            <none>                (no description
> > available) un  libpng0               <none>                (no
> > description available) un  libpng0-altdev        <none>
> > (no description available) un  libpng0g              <none>
> >  (no description available) un  libpng0g-dev          <none>
> >   (no description available) un  libpng1-dev           <none>
> >    (no description available) ii  libpng2               1.0.12-2
>
>             PNG library - runtime
>
> > un  libpng2-dev           <none>                (no description
> > available) ii  libpng3               1.2.1-1               PNG library -
> > runtime homer:~#
> >

> > Does anybody know whats wrong here? libpng was always
> > installed/upograded through dependencies. I never deinstalled it or
> > something like that...
> >
> > -Marc
> >
> > --
> > +-O . . . o . . . O . . . o . . . O . . .  ___  . . . O . . . o .-+
> >
> > | Ein neuer Service von Links2Linux.de:   /  o\   RPMs for SuSE   |
> > | --> PackMan! <-- naeheres unter        |   __|   and  others    |
> > | http://packman.links2linux.de/ . . . O  \__\  . . . O . . . O . |

    Greetings:

That seems odd to me that Marc sustained this foopah if  running
Woody!  I am also running woody, and so far, have not had this happen to my
kde, but another box on my lan that runs Sid was affected.

I understand that code lives in Sid for two weeks without major bugs *before*
moving to Woody.  Did something transit into woody without the two week delay?

--

Jaye Inabnit\ARS ke6sls\/A GNU-Debian linux user\/ http://www.qsl.net/ke6sls
If it's stupid, but works, it ain't stupid. I SHOUT JUST FOR FUN.