fonts in KDE 2.2.1

Hi

I've probably missed something obvious here but I've just installed a new box with Debian (Woody) upgraded from a barebones Potato, and KDE2.2.1 from the testing packages. All is fine apart from the fact that the only font I seem to have in KDE is something that looks a bit like Garamond! No sans serif fonts at all.

I downloaded all the font packages that X was complaining about not having but nothing else, I had a look at the packages and I'm not sure which packages I have missed or whether I need to do something to get them into KDE. On a previous installation they just were there.

TIA

Rachel