Resolving XMMS/KDE Incompatibility

On Monday 17 December 2001 03:46, Derek Gladding wrote:
> Re: XMMS & KDE Incompatibility???
>  From: Derek Gladding <derek_gladding@altavista.net>
>  To: Robert Tilley <tilleyrw@cfl.rr.com>, debian-kde@lists.debian.org
>
> I've had similar intermittent problems with XMMS, both with KDE 2.2.1
> and 2.2.2. Killing XMMS then restarting artsd seems to unjam the
> system. No idea why this is happening though...

As per Derek's suggestion, when I killed the artsd process XMMS resumed
mostly normal functioning.  I say mostly, because it would die when playing
some MPEGs.  I think this is because these were incomplete MPEGs.

Thank you, Derek!

Robert
--
Comments and information are appreciated.
Flames, rants, and other miscellany are routed to /dev/null.

Robert Tilley, tilleyrw@cfl.rr.com