Re: kdm and X-terminals

> 	I have setup my dualie to act as master for a number of X-terminals. (gotta
> love *nix!!)  But any time I run my usual  'apt-get update/apt-get
> dist-upgrade' I lose all the edits

Hmmm... I've got a similar setup (dual woody master, gaggle of
X-terminals), and I do an apt-get upgrade about once a week. No
problems.  Why do you do a dist-upgrade instead of an upgrade?
The way I understand it, dist-upgrade is only for moving between
distros (like from stable to testing).

One other point.  Make sure that the line
generate-sessiontypes
in /etc/kde2/kdm/kdm.options is commented out.  Otherwise you will
have to reedit the list of seesions in kdmrc.

cheers,
Eric