Drag 'n' Drop quirks...

A few quirks I've noticed:

*If I FTP somewhere, through a proxy (Squid), the FTP Site looks like a
website (generated by Squid), rather than the usual file manager view. As
such, I cannot upload through drag'n'drop. Is there any way to use the proxy
for FTP File downloads, but not for File-manager (browsing, uploads) tasks?
Or is there a way to still use the proxy, but keep the File-manager
behaviour? I can't seem to find any settings specific to the FTP
protocol/IOSlave... (eg; can I enable/disable Passive transfers?)

*The other quirk is probably related to Xinerama: If I drag something and
drop it on an app in the second screen, then it's as if I dropped it onto the
desktop - it doesn't drop into the app at all. Dragging the same link, and
dropping on the same window, after moving it to the primary screen, works as
it should. Are other Xinerama users experiencing the same problem?

I'm not sure which package this latter problem is a part of. kwin, maybe?

I'm still getting other quirks with Xinerama, too. Still no sign of it in the
Control Panel, but it works - most of the time (this is with kdelibs rebuilt
with --with-xinerama). Occasionally when I log into KDE, Xinerama smarts
mysteriously vanish, only to reappear next time I log in. Most bizarre.

Any ideas?

: CWIS Systems Administrator     -           T.Phillips@murdoch.edu.au :