Re: Shockware Plugin for Konqueror

<rainer.dorsch@informatik.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am wondering, what I am doing wrong with the Shockwave Plugin in konqueror.
> In netscape plugins
>
> $ ls /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/
> ShockwaveFlash.class  jre-image-i386  libflashplayer.so  libjavaplugin_oji.so
>  libnullplugin.so
>
> is enabled, and mozilla works perfectly with the installed plugin.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Rainer.

I am running Konqueror version 2.2.2 here and this plugin
works...mostly. I have trouble with one site that Netscape and Mozilla
don't have problems with.  It seems to be a problem on their end with
the code used to re-direct to the Flash startup screen.  I can get it
running if I use the full path to their Flash startup.  All other sites
I have visited that use Flash seem to work as advertised.

In Konqueror can you see the "Flash" plugin listed.  If not have it scan
your system for plugins.  You can check this under <Settings><Configure
Konqueror><Netscape Plugins>.

Also in the Konqueror  <Settings><Configure Konqueror><Configure
Konqueror><Plugins> tab, make sure you have the plugins enabled.

HTH

-Don Spoon-