Re: testing means testing

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 08:25:07PM +0100, Michael Häckel wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 November 2001 20:05, Fred K Ollinger wrote:
> > I agree w/ this philosophy otherwise I would not be here.
> >
> > 	However, I might point out for those of you who would like a
> > stable kde, there is:
> >
> > http://kde.debian.net/
> >
> > 	Which has the stable kde for potato. I would suggest that not
> > everyone should rush there if they can help it. I think potato for
> > servers, woody for home.
>
> Great, but then please communicate that to all Debian users.

umm..this has been communicated quite often over the past couple years on
both debian mailing lists and kde mailing lists as well as KDE release
announcements.

it has not been a secret.

> > 	The point I'm making is that complaints to for stuff that Ivan
> > can't fix are only going to slow him down, and slow down the real fixes,
> > as he has stated.
>
> And the complaints we recive about things we can't fix, only slow us down.

this is not a unknown problem and is not specific to KDE.  It is specific
to testing and happens quite often.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II