Re: kdm chooser incorrectly reports Display not authorized

> *                         #any host can get a login window
> %hostlist       holler warp gascol
> *               CHOOSER %hostlist
>

> Apparently the former means "any host can get a chooser but not a
> login window", while the latter means "any host can get a chooser or a
> login window".

not really. the first entry allows direct queries, whereas the chooser
entry is for indirect queries. as the choice of a host results in a
second indirect query (which is forwarded to the target host), the
indirect acl entry applies. but the chooser asks the "target hosts", if
they accept direct queries. i don't know if this is the expected behavior
or if i hosed something. need to have a look at the original code once
more ...

greetings

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.