Re: This made my day ;)

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 07:31:37PM +0100, Franz Keferboeck wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 November 2001 17:52, Jens Benecke wrote:
> > http://www.theregister.co.uk/media/677.jpg
> > http://freespace.virgin.net/andrew.harrison4/
> >
> > Wait for it, it's worth it. ;)
>
> It is...  "everything clicks. even this you don't want to..."

Well... XP would be much better if it didn't contain all these MS-isms that
try to lure you into total Microsoft control. (Media Player, Passport,
Hotmail, WMA, Product Activation, etc etc etc ...)

> I just had to correct a homework (of a 1st semester computer science
> student) who attached winXP screenshots... I didn't know that it is THAT

er... what kind of exercise requires screenshots??

> ugly; so I changed those three ugly color-spots near to "Start" to a
> nice, fat penguin;-) But seeing this saves my day as well...

This is and will stay "Windows for Teletubbies" for me. That's what it
looks like, and that's the target audience. If you're still six, you might
enjoy all these blinkenlights, but serious professional work seems next to
impossible.

--
Jens Benecke ········ http://www.hitchhikers.de/ - Europas Mitfahrzentrale

Microsoft says it's "irresponsible" to expect them to get a patch out for a
critical flaw within "a few days".
	-- http://www.microsoft.com/technet/columns/security/noarch.asp