KDE advice/removal

    Greetings:

During an apt-get upgrade, I thought I had packages being updated, and later realized they were being removed.  This killed KDE.  I tried to re-add the packages, but wasn't getting far fast.  I removed *all* of KDE and tried to re-install which left many packages un-installed (kedit, kmix, many others).  Next I removed and purged all of KDE.  I added kdebase and crypto in one big upgrade with dselect and this started an error cycle.  Finally, I thought I had everything, yet there is no kmix, and kedit isn't here either.  Worst of all, Kmail will not function (why I am now using my linuxfreemail acct).
"Could not start process"
"Unable to create io-slave"
"Klauncher said: Error loading 'kio_pop3'"
"OK"

I need to learn how to completely wipe off kde from the drive and start over, hopefully in a logical sequence that won't offend KDE or dselect.

One other thing I noticed is that I can not select size of front point.  Opening kmail and selecting 'configure kmail' then trying to resize the "Message Body" has absolutely no affect.  I also found and disabled antialiasing, but this didn't have any affect either.

help . . .

Jaye Inabnit
a_hippie@linuxfreemail.com

Get your own FREE E-mail address at http://www.linuxfreemail.com
Linux FREE Mail is 100% FREE, 100% Linux, and 100% yours!