Re: KDE & euro

Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> In this last document I have found a link to a web-page about KDE and
> Euro: http://users.pandora.be/sim/euro/112/
>
> On this web page it is written that KDE is not yet ready for the euro
> and that kedit & kwrite show up the Euro character but they do not
> allow to input it.

Keymap doesn't support euro?

> It is exactly the problem I have but in all applications, so I
> suppose it is a not implemented feature of KDE. Maybe in 2.2.2 ?

No need to implement anything.

> Has anybody succeed in having a total support of euro in KDE ?

Yes, I'm using it without any problem about year already. Even with
Potato I used euro without any problem. Of course, with XFree3 you will
need additional fonts. Good set is for example

http://linux.ee/~ville/vh-fonts-0.99.2.tar.gz

These are made mostly for Estonian users (iso-8859-15 contains some
chars needed for estonian not in latin1), but are correct iso-8859-15
fonts. Modified helvetica, times, courier and one font for terminal.

regards,

Hasso Tepper
KDE Estonian Team