Re: KDE & euro

On Thursday 8 November 2001 10:41, javi wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> You have to select fonts that support ISO-8859-15 in section
> fonts ok KDE panel, and select that in country and language
> too. For this to work you need ISO8859 fonts, those fonts
> are included in transcoded packages (for woody):
>
>  xfonts-100dpi- 4.1.0-7
>  xfonts-75dpi-t 4.1.0-7
>  xfonts-base-tr 4.1.0-7
>  xfonts-intl-eu 1.2-2       (International fonts for X --
> European.)

All the fonts here are already installed, and I have selected fonts that
support ISO-8859-15 in the KDE panel. I forgot to precise that I am running a
woody with the latest packages of KDE from the pool (KDE 2.2.1, kdelibs
2.2.1-14).

> I suggest you that read this document and then tell us:
>
> http://www.dat.etsit.upm.es/~jfs/debian/devel/euro-support

I have read this document and also the following document :
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-euro-support

In this last document I have found a link to a web-page about KDE and Euro:
http://users.pandora.be/sim/euro/112/

On this web page it is written that KDE is not yet ready for the euro and
that kedit & kwrite show up the Euro character but they do not allow to input
it.
It is exactly the problem I have but in all applications, so I suppose it is
a not implemented feature of KDE. Maybe in 2.2.2 ?

Has anybody succeed in having a total support of euro in KDE ?