audiocd ioslave mp3

After a small fight with the permissions of my scsi cdrom, the audiocd:/
ioslave is working. But how do I now get the mp3 folder, on the web I found
something about installing liblame, but debian does not seem to package it.
According to the web the reason is patent-issues, but is the mp3 part of the
audioslave now not working (read compile it yourself). Or is there another
solution? Can someone clue me in or point me to some documentation.

(You can not configure it throught kcontrol right?)

Thanx

emiel