Re: apt problems

 The thread on updating to Woody has interested me because that is what I
want to do [ to unstable tho ].  What I am unclear on,  in sources.list  do I
need deb lines for potato and unstable?  The following was done with just
unstable...

 History   trying to get  apt to ver 5.4

 Set my sources.list to unstable

 apt-get update

 apt-get install apt

 Screen message	apt 0.5.4 installed
 		console-apt 0.8.0.6 installed
 		deity 0.8.0.6 installed
 		deity-curses 0.8.0.6 installed
 		libc6_2.2.4-4 not available
 		libc6-dev_2.2.4-4 not available
 I started console-apt  and found libs 2.2.4-5 listed so I installed them.

 I exited capt and tried  apt -v   result  apt  0.3.19
                                    console apt -v  result  CAPT 0.7.7-1

 apt-get install apt

 message now  -  needs libapt-pkg 2.7

 looking in /usr/lib,  I see  libapt-pkg.so.2.7.1  (libapt-pkg.so.2.7 link)

 What have I misunderstood - done wrong -etc?

--
Merv

Merv Curley
Toronto, On.  Ca