Re: Usable browser

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001 18:09, Justin Graham wrote:

> You need to downgrade your libc6 package.  I have a page setup at
> http://www.atomichamster.com/fix_libc6.php3

Thank you very much for sharing your efforts into this
problem. FWIW, just a hint of how to downgrade a package
would be nice. I'm a long term unstable user but I've
never had to resort to this before. Just a mention of
this line below would be great, perhaps even a suggestion
of using wget to grab the packages... seeing that their
regular browser of choice might not be working. In my case
I uninstalled locales first so I did not have to download
a large package that may be redundant within hours (if
further updates solve this problem), so only this single
package is actually needed to solve the immediate issue
but a complete novice would not be aware of this and if
they are behind a modem then it's a few extra wasted hours
they do not need to go thru. Many thanks to you again :-)

# wget http://www.atomichamster.com/mirrors/debian/pool/main/g/glibc/libc6_2.2.4-1_i386.deb

# dpkg --force-downgrade -i libc6_2.2.4-1_i386.deb

--markc