Re: Trying to circle in on bug, assistance needed

On Friday 21 September 2001 08:04, David Bishop wrote:

I also have had problems with konqueror loading up and puking. The problem
here was loading a webpage I had locally with 7-10 jpg pix inserted into the
page. Konq started to load and basically locked up the box. Like you, it
would free for seconds and I could usually escape back to console and kill x
from there. It still happens.

Konq will also hog resources on basic pages like http://lwn.net, I noted this
when I noticed my setiathome client drop to less then 4% cpu. At one point, I
ended up killing x and restarting to free up cpu usage.

I can smirf with opera and it is better. Yet this seems to be irregular. I
can't reproduce these results often.

I'm now running woody, and I guess I'll wait and see what 2.2.1 will bring
here.

gl and tatah

--

Jaye Inabnit\ARS ke6sls\/A GNU-Debian linux user\/ http://www.qsl.net/ke6sls
If it's stupid, but works, it ain't stupid. I SHOUT JUST FOR FUN.