Re: konsole fonts (2.2.1)

--- Ben Burton <bburton@mail.math.okstate.edu> wrote:

> Hi.. anyone else having problems with konsole fonts?
>
> Settings are saved to use a custom font, but as of the 2.2.1 upload every
> new console is nevertheless coming up with "Normal" font, which for me is
> not fixed-width and rather unpleasant; I'm having to manually revert every
> new konsole to the preferred custom font.

Scanning through the latest digest of kde-core-devel, I noticed a developer
just posted a patch to correct a custom font problem in Konsole that might
match your description. I'm not sure if there'll be another offical release on
the 2.2.x tree (anyone know?), so to correct the problem you might be on your
own. If you're into compiling from scratch, you could probably get the patch
from recent postings in the list's archives and compile it in. I think its been
committed to the 2.2 branch in CVS, so just make sure you have the kde-dev
package and its probably good to go. Here's the message pasted from
kde-core-devel-digest, I'd post the patch too but the digest format has so
horribly mangled it you'll probably be better off going straight to the
archives.

Hope this helps,
Mike