Re: self-aligning icons on the desktop

On Wednesday 19 September 2001 08:02 am, Achim Bohnet wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 September 2001 14:25, Putz Ákos wrote:
> > On Wednesday 19 September 2001 13:17, Bud Rogers wrote:
> > > I'm tracking debian unstable and kde 2.2 and this seems to be new
> > > behavior. I much prefer to arrange icons around my desktop in my own
> > > way.   Anyone else seeing this?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > > Have you found a way to turn it off?
> >
> > No.
> > Maybe in 2.2.1 ?
>
> Yes, should be fixed in 2.2.1.  There were some threads about it on
> in kde-devel or kde-core-devel  (search lists.kde.org).
> Someone (David Faure?) also described a workaround.

Interestingly, I saw this behavior when I logged in this morning.  Just got
home from work and when I logged in my desktop is back to its normal self.  I
had to rearrange the icons manually, but they stayed where I put them.

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>
They have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve.