Re: Extension XVideo is missing.... (X4,Banshee)

Jan Torben Heuer wrote:
> I've some problems, for example xawtv gives me the following error on startup
>
> Xlib:  extension "XVideo" missing on display ":0.0".
> WARNING: Your X-Server has no DGA support.
> WARNING: couldn't find framebuffer base address, try manual
>          configuration ("v4l-conf -a <addr>")
>
> Can anyone help me?

look at bug #107240 in the Debian Bug tracking system; the
maintainer marked this bug "Upstream", so I guess it is fixed in
current versions of Xfree CVS. Either wait till it makes its way to
Debian woody (might be a long time), compile a recent CVS version of
Xfree86 or try to get the maintainer to backport the fix to Debian's
Xfree packages (be careful, Branden is rather vocal in his opinions
:-)).

A temporary fix is to get the kwintv source packages, compile them
and at each system startup, invoke kwintv, closing it again soon
after. This somehow makes xawtv overlay work, too. That's what I do
anyway.

Hope this helps somehow,
Yours Malte #8-)