Re: Mouse problems after upgrading to Woody (X4)

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 06:36, Hendrik Sattler wrote:

> Not if he uses the repeater function of GPM. Turning off gpm while trying
> to access /dev/gpmdata is probably not a good idea.

I have this same problem of not being able to use
the mouse in X after being started for the console.
I use this workaround because I don't use kdm much,

 alias x='/etc/init.d/gpm stop; startx'

I run unstable. Can someone give an EXAMPLE of what
needs to be altered to get this right ? Thanks.

--markc