Antialiased font problem

> Whenever I run xftcache (or anyone else runs, e.g. upgraded font packages),
> it simply spits out a "Segmentation fault".

Ah, I forgot the reason for mailing that on this kde-list in the first place
:)

Namely, my KDE 2 stopped working with antialiased fonts just a couple of days
ago and I suspect the xftcache crash might have something to do with the
problem.

Everything's fine without antialiasing, but once it's been enabled, login
sequence never gets beyond the jingle. Mouse pointer moves ok, but icons or
desktop image never appear; CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE is the only option.

Actually, I don't even have to restart KDE after enabling AA to demonstrate
the problem. If I enable it from Control Center, no QT base application
starts anymore. The "loading CD"-icon spins for a while and then just
disappears without a trace. Any application that's been started before the
change work well, however. I can even disable font antialiasing aftert rying
it, click on Konqueror and start browsing as if nothing were wrong.
Apparently the problem only occures in application startup / qt init.

- Jarno