From http://lwn.net "On The Desktop" today

    Greetz,

--quote--
KMail 1.0.x, 1.1 billionth second problems. KMail users take note: versions
prior to 1.0.29.x of this email package will stop working and cause mail
folder corruptions on September 9th! Users of version 1.0.29.x will only lose
functionality, but no folders will be damaged. The problem stems from
improper handling of the billionth second of Unix time, which started
officially on January 1st, 1970. It is, essentially, a minor Y2K of Unix
time, though this is the first instance of a known problem stemming from this
magic date.
--end quote--

I have woodies version (1.2) here but if you have an older version of kmail,
you might want to take steps now to protect your mail.

tatah

--

Jaye Inabnit\ARS ke6sls\/A GNU-Debian linux user\/ http://www.qsl.net/ke6sls
If it's stupid, but works, it ain't stupid. I SHOUT JUST FOR FUN.