RE: Printing with KDE 2.2

On Wednesday 05 September 2001 08:52 am, Gilger.John wrote:
> G'Morning Wondrous Wizards,
>
> I recently upgraded to Sid and KDE 2.2. My printer, which worked
> perfectly with Woody and KDE 2.1 doesn't want to play with Sid and KDE
> 2.2. I used Apsfilter to setup my /etc/printcap file (if that has
> anything to do with this)
>
> TIA
>
> John

Twould be nice if you could expound a bit on what /exactly/ the problem
is
(error messages, whatnot), along with what printing sub-system you use
(lpr
vs. cups vs. whatever).  Oh, and what printer you use would be helpful
as
well :-)

dbishop@micron.com

==================

Error message: "printer not found"
Print system: lpr
Printer: Epson CS800 using GS uniprint drivers

from console "cat foo > lpr" works
test print in apsfilter works

printing from kmail, konqueror, kword, or anything else in KDE gives
error msg.
I have three resolutions and a "raw" printer. They are displayed in KDE
print manager. I did set one as my default. Clicking the "test" button
in KDE Print Manager gives error messsage.

Would it be better to change from lpr to lnprg or cups?

Thanks,

John