Locate problem

Hello !

I'm not sure that this is a kde-specific problem, but.....

I recently installed locales. Then, I edited /etc/locale.gen and added the
line for french support. Then, I made a "locale-gen", and I set the LANG
variable to fr_FR in /etc/bash.bashrc.

When I start a non-kde program (eg. gimp) from a console, no problem, it's in
french. But when I start it from the "Run command" box, the same program is
not in french, even if I check the "Execute from a term" option.

Why ?

Thanks you