Re: Klyx?

James Lindenschmidt wrote:
> Another question, what is the status of KLyX? I am an avid LyX user, and now
> that I'm using KDE regularly I thought I'd check into KLyX. I can't find a
> homepage on KLyX, and the only packages I can find are for KDE 1.

LyX 1.2.0 promises platform independence, although a *Qt2* version
of the GUI might not be completed until then (it's rather likely
that it will be, though. People are definitely interested in seeing
a Qt Port and already working on it). There's no release date,
although the LyX developers seem eager to start releasing
1.2.0presomething.

> Is KLyX still being developed? I know that a future version of LyX will be
> "platform independent," meaning it will work with GTK, Qt, and Windowforms.
> Was KLyX abandoned because of this?

I think so.

> I also heard a while back that KLyX was going to be a part of KOffice, but I
> can find no mention of it there....

It has to be finished first :-)

Hope this helps,

Yours Malte #8-)