Re: Konsole fonts & AA

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 11:01:48PM +0200, Peter Soetens wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm quite happy with the AA goings in KDE 2.2, but the Konsole is all messy,
> no matter which font i set. When the console scrolls, parts of the old
> characters don't get erased.  did anyone find a workaround ? Is this debian
> specific ?

On my two KDE setups, which both are running Debian Unstable with
XFree86 4.1, I found that this happens with all of the Type 1 fonts I
tried.  TrueType fonts work fine though (I use Frutiger's OCR-B for
all my monospaced type).

The odd thing is that I've not seen this happen in other apps using
monospaced Type 1 fonts.  Strange.  Must have something to do with
Konsole.

Post another message if you want help setting up the TrueType stuff; I
think I've finally figured it out :)  I hope somebody gets the KDE font
installer into the Debian packages.  I'd make a package myself if I
weren't so busy with other things ..

> Anyway KDE 2.2 Rocks Completely, I still can't believe that this jewel with
> all its fancy eye candy is still faster than 2.1 !

Major agreement here; it's getting to be the prettiest desktop system
since .. dare I say it .. the _Mac_ ..

--

Michael Ashton <data@ieee.org>
----

-- seen on an AT&T Research "People & Organisations" web-page banner