Re: Trouble with kdm from KDE 2.1.2 running potato ?

On 20 August 2001 11:21, Peter Biechele wrote:
> I have some problems using kdm from the potato packages
> for KDE 2.1.2.
>
> KDM starts fine, but after I select the user, type in the password and
> choose one of the windows managers, the kdm screen returns. It seems that
> the startup script of kdm somehow gets an error.

This is a kind-of-known bug in the KDM scripts. (which was fixed in the
latest and greatest 2.2.0-final3).
You can try to specify your session type (say "kde2") instead of leaving the
"default"; it usually works.

If not, you can create a .xsession file in your home directory (man Xsession)

For the error messages, you can look at .xsession-errors in your home dir.

Hope this helps,
 /Jerome

--
"Computers are like air conditionners:
they stop working properly when you open windows"

Jerome CORNET: jerome.cornet@alcatel.com