Re: Ivan- KDE 2.2 final - What's the status?

--- Mike Williams <mikew@cortexebusiness.com.au> wrote:
> Yup, that's exactly what
>
>     apt-get -t unstable install kde
>
> does ... it installs KDE, plus the required library upgrades, from
> "unstable".

Where can I find out what the "-t" does?  man apt-get on my newly installed
Potato system doesn't have that option listed, and is from 4/12/98.

>   tluxt> Would you please give me a url for info about how to upgrade to
> unstable,
>   tluxt> and the implications thereof?
>
> Er, the docs on http://www.debian.org are the closest you'll get.

Hm.  I looked here a bit:
http://www.debian.org/doc/ddp
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/index.en.html
but didn't see anything that looked very relevant (perhaps I missed
something obvious).

Do you recall a better url, or where you learned that info?

> The implications of running "unstable" are that it might affect the
> stability of your system :-)

:)

Thank you.