Re: Ivan- KDE 2.2 final - What's the status?

>> A brief howto:
> >
> >   + Add "unstable" lines to your /etc/apt/sources.list
> >
> >   + Create a /etc/apt/preferences file that favours "testing", e.g.
> >
> >       Package: *
> >       Pin: release a=testing
> >       Pin-Priority: 777
> >
> >       Package: *
> >       Pin: release a=unstable
> >       Pin-Priority: 333
> >
> >   + "apt-get -t unstable install kde"
> >
> > Note that the resulting system would be considered, er, unstable.
> >
> > --
> > cheers, Mike
>
> Thank you for your very prompt reply!
snip
> Until that happens, is it possible to not do a full upgrade to unstable,
> and still run the KDE 2.2 debs?  (Is that what your suggestion here
> accomplishes?  Or, will your procedure upgrade any packages installed on
> the system to any such named packages in unstable?)
snip

I am not up to speed on the 'pin' methodology, but here is what I did.
On a Debian Testing sytem I replace all instances of 'testing' in my
'etc/apt/sources.list' with 'unstable'. Then  'apt-get update' to
refresh the package list. I installed each KDE2.2 package individually,
i.e.' apt-get install kdebase konqueror kedit kdebase-crypto etc...'

KDE2.2 is a very nice setup :)

Peace

--
Greg Madden