Re: KDEbian FAQ

Hendrik Sattler wrote:

On Wednesday, 15. August 2001 02:26, tluxt wrote:

A: Create a file called .xsessions in each user's home directory and
put in it the following line:
exec startkde

Why "exec"? Only "startkde" will do just fine. What is the advantage of the often seen "exec"? There is not even a help text in the man page and it seems a pretty useless command in a shell (and the above has a shell).

Hendrik

One problem I see with this is that neither startkde nor startx kde worked on my machine (from a console), but startx kde2 did. I haven't tried startkde2 yet.
So for a (Linux-)newbie it would be no help at all.

Frank