Re: KDEbian FAQ

--- Hendrik Sattler <ubq7@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 15. August 2001 02:26, tluxt wrote:
> > A: Create a file called .xsessions in each user's home directory and
> > put in it the following line:
> > exec startkde
>
> Why "exec"? Only "startkde" will do just fine. What is the advantage of the
> often seen "exec"? There is not even a help text in the man page and it seems
> a pretty useless command in a shell (and the above has a shell).

Just for the list's reference, my source of this fix was an email fom SP, which
SP kindly said I could post to the list. See:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2001/debian-kde-200108/msg00113.html
Where this fix originally came from, I don't know.

When I posted my previous msg in this thread, I was incorrectly thinking I had
seen theis fix at:
http://www.kde.org/documentation/userguide/suse-install.html
but that is different.