KDE install doesn't setup KDE wm - Bug?

Hi Ivan,

I have installed KDE to a simple Potato system.  (Base + Newbie Doc +
X)  The system boots up to the KDE style login screen, but it doesn't
have KDE as an option for the desktop manager.  Is this a bug?  Isn't
the KDE installer supposed to set up the KDE window manager?

If it is not a bug, shouldn't the steps to get the KDE wm operating be
noted in some very obvious place (like the kde.debian.net page)?

(I think the default or failsafe options start twm.  I can run KDE
programs off the left mouse button program selector.)  I don't recall
which method I used to set up KDE, but it might have been with tasksel.

I'm writing you about this because, although I got some workarounds
from some excellent list readers, I figure you're the one who'd know
for sure if it's a bug or not.

Thanks for all your work.