Re: objprelink and KDE/QT

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 02:34:32PM -0600, Bruce Sass wrote:

> > This is really great work. Thanks a lot!! ;)
> >
> > (I have a heap of older machines to maintain (P-233 mostly) and they
> > are just barely useable with KDE2. This should make a lot of difference
> > if it works.
>
> hehe, you probably just need more RAM, and patience. :)

well, 64MB is it. Actually, my laptop with 64MB wasn't useable very well.
(it was running ONLY KDE, before login a 'ps axuw' was 10-12 processes,
nothing big). But it started swapping at once and compiling something while
in KDE wasn't realistic. (trashing)

it's MUCH better with 192MB now. ;)

> I'm running on a 486DX2-25 (64M RAM); once you get past the startup time,
> and figure out you can't jump around between more apps than will fit in..
> (e.g., rendering HTML is almost as fast as Netscape, but converting XML
> to HTML then rendering is painful because it happens at the wrong time
> ;-).

I'll see how it goes after the objprelink is activated. I suppose even that
could be optimized a little further.

> Ivan, THANK YOU

Yes!

--
Jens Benecke ········ http://www.hitchhikers.de/ - Europas Mitfahrzentrale

MSTD, n: MicroSoft Transmitted Disease. Propagates only due to Microsoft's
insistence on distributing [software] that resembles Petri dishes.
See also ILOVEYOU, Melissa, Code Red, Sircam, IIS.
                     -- http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node=MSTD