Re: kdm Does Not Recognize kuser

On Thursday 09 August 2001 13:20, Robert Tilley wrote:
> I've added a user to my system via kuser (User Manager) but my kdm login does
> not recognize that this user exists as only one icon (root) appears in my
> login dialog.
>
> This user has a home directory and kuser displays this user, but kdm does not
> appear to recognize this user as existing.
>
> Any information would be most helpful!

Maybe you don't use the standard UID range for users and therefore kdm ignores
it (by default).

ds10(0) ~ > grep ^M.*UID /etc/kde2/kdm/kdmrc
MinShowUID=1000
MaxShowUID=29999

If this is not the reason check the kdmrc file the other settings that
determine which users kdm lists.

Achim

                                      -- reddy@lion.austin.ibm.com