kdm won't start kde2

Hi all-

I had to blast my system and reinstall potato. I got task-kde from
kde.debian.net and got kdm running, but I can't launch kde2 from kdm. Blackbox
and twm are launched from default and failsafe. The x-window-manager
alternative points to /usr/bin/blackbox. I tried to change this to kde2 by
running 'update-alternatives --config x-window-manager', but only twm and
blackbox are listed as options. How do I change this alternative, or get kdm
to launch kde2?

Thanks,
Stephen