Re: KDE 2.2 Final / Potato - Not ?

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 02:58:39AM +0100, Nick wrote:
> [now that KDE2.2 has gone "gold" ...]

gold?

> Sorry - I know it's probably a tedious question for the pioneers, but
> can anyone (Ivan ?) confirm there will be no KDE 2.2 for Potato ?

not by me.

> I recall Ivan saying a while back that it's just too much work to
> back-port KDE2.2 to Potato, but was that just while the beta program
> was underway, or is it a permanent policy ?

it's not a policy..it's just that I'm not willing to spend the time required
to do it.  I just don't have that much free time anymore...well...not enough
for it to be done properly.

> If that's so, what is the recommended Debian release *for the
> nervous*, to use with KDE2.2 ?   Is "testing" good enough ?   (Would
> Progeny do ?)

KDE 2.2 will find it's way into testing soon enough...first it has to find
it's way into unstable.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II