KDEDIRS (was: Shared libs, moduledir)

On Saturday 04 August 2001 00:53, Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:
> On Saturday 04 August 2001 12:05 am, Michael Schuerig wrote:
> > ...while KDE does indeed find modules installed in /usr/lib/kde2,
> > it apparently doesn't find modules in /usr/local/lib/kde2, even
> > though my KDEDIRS is set to /usr/local:/usr/.
>
> Apparently setting KDEDIRS like that does not work. It can accept
> only a single path not a list of paths separated by colons. I've seen
> that in kde sources that I worked on (gideon) and a kicker applet
> that I was writing. I wasn't able to run it from /usr/local.
>
> Does anybody know a workaround or a way we could fix this? Where is
> KDEDIRS handled? It's supposed to be near the locate code?

It doesn't seem to work for finding modules in /usr/local/lib/kde2.
Nevertheless, it *does* work for generating the menu. I have installed
(with the help of stow, actually) some KDE apps locally in /usr/local
and their desktop entries are added to the KDE menu.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                   GPG Fingerprint
mailto:schuerig@acm.org            DA28 7DEB 5856 3365 BED9