Re: Getting flash plugin to work.

"Ivan E. Moore II" <rkrusty@tdyc.com> writes:

> On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 11:46:03AM +0200, Danie Roux wrote:
> > I downloaded the plugin, copied the .so and .class to
> > /usr/local/netscape/plugins. I then scanned for plugins and it was
> > found and is now listed.
> >
> > But I still can't view flash stuff? A shocked site opens 5 different
> > windows, each helpfully telling me to "Click here to download
> > shockwave player".
> >
> > What more do I need to do?
>
> next you need to verify which version of the shockwave player the site
> requires.  I've seen a few sites that require a newer version of flash
> than what's available for linux.

Don't know why, but there are sites out there, where flash used to work
with 2.1.x, but doesn't with 2.2beta. Example: the navigationbar in the
articles of the (german) online magazine telepolis
http://www.heise.de/tp/

Here is an example (in english language):
http://www.heise.de/tp/english/inhalt/te/9180/1.html

If flash works for anyone using 2.2beta please tell me.

olli
--
http://my.sopos.org  | der linke Informationsdienst für subversive Politik
                       in Theorie und Praxis